The U.S. and Michigan Constitutions require the local, state and federal governments to provide just compensation when they take your property.
The problem is sometimes the government doesn't admit their actions are a taking, and sometimes the compensation they offer is not fair or just. We can help you in your condemnation case in many ways including:
- An initial free consultation to help determine an appropriate course of action.
- Negotiate a fair resolution of the matter
- Analyze the reasonableness of the amount offered
- Determine if there is a valid claim for a taking when the government denies it
- Determine if all damages are being considered such as moving costs, loss of business, consequential damages, appraisers' fees and attorneys fees
- Litigate the case in Federal or State court seeking all damages, interest, costs and attorney's fees.